Tennis is a very popular sport in the UK and it’s important to ensure that any tennis court facility is constructed to the best standards so it is safe for players and provides good performance characteristics. We install tennis court surfaces at a number of organisations including leisure centres, schools, colleges, as well as residential courts for people’s homes. There are a few things to consider before deciding to have a tennis court or other sports facility installed, let’s take a look at what the options are.
We’d be happy to provide you with more details on the services we offer so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team. You can simply fill in the contact form and tell us what you’re looking for so we can send over a product sheet and give you an idea of prices.
Specifications For Tennis Court Surfacing
There are a number of different designs and specifications to choose from for your tennis court surfacing, each one has qualities which can be better suited to different sports and organisations, so it’s important to pick the right one for you.
- Polymeric Rubber Crumb – This surface gives good water drainage qualities as its porosity lets water pass through to prevent flooding and damage to the surface. It is great for basketball as well as tennis because it has non slip qualities and good ball bounce capabilities. Polymeric rubber is a popular choice for multi use games area courts where a range of different sports can be played.
- Artificial Grass – This is a professional looking surface which meets LTA accreditations in terms of performance and safety characteristics.
- Macadam – Also a porous surface which allows for good water drainage, meaning it can be used in all weather conditions so it’s ideal for a school.
Tennis Court Surfacing Applications and Equipment
You want to make the most out of your tennis court facility, so it’s important to have all the finishing touches and equipment so you can keep it in the best condition and enjoy it for as long as possible.
- Colour Coatings – We can apply paint coatings to your tennis court which improve the appearance and safety of the facility. These can include acrylic slip resistance paint, polyurethane colourings and professional line marking to ensure game play accuracy.
- Fencing – If you think it’s necessary, you can have fencing of your choice installed around your tennis court area, this could be a simple chain link or a more durable super rebound fencing system which can absorb stronger impact.
- Tennis Nets – We can supply either free standing or fixed nets for your tennis court depending on your requirements, for example a free standing net might be better for a school where the court could be used for other sports other than tennis (perhaps in the case of a multi use games area).
Costs For Tennis Court Construction
The costs involved with installing tennis court surfacing can vary greatly and are dependent on different factors such as the size and specification of the facility you want, the location of your project and any extra equipment or paint coatings you require. We can help you with funding for your sports facility through funding grants, so make sure you check out the website and find out if you could be eligible to receive funds. If you would like to submit an enquiry, please use our contact form and we will get back to you with details of prices and quotes for your sports surfacing project.
best prices guaranteed
free quotes available for all projects
For more information about tennis court construction or any other sports facility products and services, please visit our website at https://www.sportsandsafetysurfaces.co.uk/ where you can find examples of previous sports surfacing work.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below and share this article if you thought it was helpful!