Q26 Special surfacing/ pavings for sports/ general amenity
SURFACINGS FOR SPORTS AREAS
120 SURFACING FOR MULTISPORT AREA – SYNTHETIC TURF PITCH
- Type: Synthetic Grass Surfacing
- Performance: To BS EN 14877
– Class: Sport England MUGA type 5, Construction of Sports Pitch
- Anticipated usage: to be confirmed
- Priority of activities: 1. 5-a-side football, 2. Hockey, 3. Athletics, 4. Basketball, 5. Tennis
- Standard of play: Recreational
350 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Sub-base: Base Course Macadam
– Thickness: 250mm Type 1 MOT
– Thickness: 50mm Open Textured 20mm aggregate base course macadam
– Manufacturer: Soft Surfaces, Tel: 01625 445760
- Base: In situ Shockpad: 2-6mm SBR rubber granule material
– Thickness: 15-25mm dependent on tolerances
- Surface Course: Synthetic Grass Carpet.
– Standard: To BS 15330-1
– Manufacturer: Soft Surfaces Ltd, 35 Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AR
– Tel: 01625 445760, Fax: 01625 525619
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.sportsandsafetysurfaces.co.uk
– Product reference: Rhino Turf VT40
– Colour: From standard colour range
– Pile Height: TBC
– Health and Safety: CHAS accredited, API accredited, CONSTRUCTIONLINE accredited
Substance known to be toxic or carcinogenic on the skin or released as vapour or dust during normal use: Not permitted.
– Resistance to abrasive wear, slip resistance, resistance to indentation and ease of ignition: Evidence of testing to BS 4790.
– Maintenance: To be carried out by Sports & Safety Surfaces, Tel: 01625 445760
420 LINE MARKINGS
- Method of Application: Cut and inlaid into carpet
– Setting Out: To accredited standards (FA, IRB, FIH)
– Colour: Dependent of primary sports
910 SPORTS SURFACE TESTING
- Standard: To BS EN 14877 and BS 15330-1, where applicable.
- Testing Body: Sports & Safety Surfaces accredited independent laboratory
- Timing: Within ten days of completing the surface works.
- Test Results: Submit.
- General: For all types of surfacing, provide the following:
– Name and contact details of the installer.
– Date of installation.
– Name and contact details of the manufacturer.
– Type/ description/ reference of products used.
– Manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance procedures to maintain safety and impact absorbing performance.
– Manufacturer’s recommended cleaning and maintenance methods, where relevant.