Q26 Special surfacings/ pavings for sport/ general amenity
110 INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED BY THE CONTRACTOR
- – Sports surface and shockpad: Independent test reports in accordance with BS 7044-4
- – Essential Information: In accordance with BS 7044-4, appendix A
- – Reference samples: Materials, seams and line markings.
120 SURFACING FOR MULTISPORT AREA
- Type: In situ polymeric type 4
- Performance: To BS 7044-4
– Class: Sport England MUGA type 4, Construction of Multi Use Games Areas
- Anticipated usage: to be confirmed
- Priority of activities: 1. 5-a-side football, 2. Rugby training, 3. Athletics, 4. Basketball, 5. Tennis
- Standard of play: Recreational
140 SURFACE GRADIENTS, EVENNESS AND FLATNESS
- Surface Regularity: As specified by Sport England BS 7044-4
- Deviation from the finished plane: When checked on 10m grid the difference in level between adjacent grid points, after taking design gradients into account, must not exceed +-10mm
- Profile: Crossfall in a single plane.
- Gradients: Not greater than 1:100
230 IN SITU POLYMERIC SURFACING
- Sub-base: Base Course Macadam
– Thickness: 200mm Type 1 MOT
– Thickness: 50mm Open Textured 20mm aggregate base course macadam
– Manufacturer: Sports & Safety Surfaces, Tel: 01625 445766
- Wearing Course: 15mm Polymeric surfacing with anti-slip coating
– Manufacturer: Soft Surfaces Ltd, 35 Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AR
– Tel: 01625 445760, Fax: 01625 525619
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Colour: From standard colour range
– Health and Safety: CHAS accredited, API accredited, CONSTRUCTIONLINE accredited
– Ignitability: The surface, when tested to BS 4790, must not be ignited or damaged enough to cause a ball to deviate from its true path: Not permitted
– Joints: Must not significantly affect the playing performance.
420 LINE MARKINGS TO SURFACING
- Method of application: Painted
- Colour: White for primary sport then others on request
- Width: 50mm unless requested otherwise
- General: For all types of surfacing, provide the following:
– Name and contact details of installer.
– Date of installation.
– Name and contact details of manufacturer.
– Type/ description/ reference of products used.
– Manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance procedures to maintain safety and impact absorbing performance.
– Manufacturer’s recommended cleaning and maintenance methods, where relevant.