There are many different surface types which we can offer for sports pitches and multi use games areas, these facilities provide great playing characteristics for a number of sports including football, rugby, tennis and basketball.
Our Surface Specifications
- 3G Artificial Grass – This is the most advanced technology of synthetic turf sports surfacing and provides ideal playing characteristics for football and rugby. 3G turf is infilled with rubber crumb particles which help to support the grass fibres and keep them upright.
- 2G Synthetic Turf – This surface type can be either sand filled or sand dressed and has a slightly different specification depending on the sports which are going to be played on it. 2G sand filled synthetic grass gives great playing characteristics for a number of sports including football and tennis, whereas sand dressed artificial grass is ideal for hockey.
- Polymeric – An ideal surface type for tennis, basketball, athletics and multi use games areas where a number of sports are played. This rubber surfacing provides great ball bounce and slip resistance qualities and can come in a range of bright colours.
- Macadam – This is a great all round surfacing option and is popular for MUGAs where a range of sports such as netball and tennis are played. Tarmac provides excellent ball bounce capabilities and can have anti slip paint coatings applied in a number of different colours.
- Needlepunch – This is a type of synthetic turf which can be a great alternative surface for athletics tracks and long jump runways. Needlepunch is commonly used for these types of facilities at primary schools where younger children are participating in sports as it provides a softer more impact absorbing surface and can be installed in a brightly coloured rainbow design.
As you can see, there are a number of different surface types which you can choose from when installing an artificial sports facility. Each surface specification has individual qualities which are better suited to different sports, so it’s important to pick a material which is suitable for the sports you want to play. It’s also important to carry out regular maintenance for all of these surface specifications. The services we provide for this include drag brushing, pressure washing, infill top up and chemical treatments to prevent contamination from moss and algae.
If you’d like to find out more about the surface types we specialise in and the sports facilities we install, take a look around the rest of our website and don’t forget to check out our blog. To send us an enquiry, please fill in our contact form with as much detail as possible about your project and one of our staff members will get back to you with some helpful information with regards to installation, quotes and maintenance for your sports surface.